The Coverbind Accel Flex was manufactured specifically for offices and businesses with frequent soft cover and hard cover binding needs, with up to about 2,000 books per year. If you're binding more than this, consider the more automated Coverbind Accel Cube machine instead. The Accel Flex is a durable, fast, and convenient thermal binding machine that will meet the various on-demand binding needs for small, medium, and often times, large offices. It also works as a perfect complimentary machine for the larger Accel Cube and Accel Ultra machines. The Accel Flex requires no warm up time, and is so simple to use, that literally anyone in your office can use it without any real training. Just three easy steps are needed to create the most immaculately bound presentations, reports, proposals, manuals, yearbooks, and more with this desktop thermal binding machine.
In addition to the incredibly easy operation, the Coverbind Accel Flex will produce both hard and soft covers as quickly as 900 books per hour. You can bind both hard and soft cover books together, as well as any spine sizes together - as long as they are all within the 2" binding capacity overall. This means you can bind different jobs together, eliminating size change over time and hassle.
Accel Flex Instructions:
- Turn on the machine and gather your pages together into a square stack. Place the stack into the spine size selector; the screen will inform the operator which Coverbind cover spine size you should be using based on the document thickness. This eliminates any guesswork, and helps create an immaculate finished piece. The Coverbind Flex will work with the full range of Coverbind supply spine sizes, from 1/16" up to 2".
- Insert your page stack into the cover size recommended, and place the cover into the machine. You can place them one at a time, or in batches with several books. The slot will hold up to a 2" thick spine, so depending on your document thickness, you can place up to 15 documents in at one time*.
- Drop&Go technology means that you don't have to stand around while the machine binds. Simply place your documents in, and walk away to perform other tasks. The binding process takes only about 60 seconds*, and the Flex will count down, emit a tone, and the light will turn red when the bind is complete, notifying your user they can remove the documents, place them into the included cooling rack, and bind the next batch. Books should remain in the cooling rack for at least 2 minutes before being handled. Thicker books should be left longer (see below tips).
Accel Flex Helpful Tips:
- Don't Over-Stuff Covers - Always use the correct cover size for your book thickness. Don't over-stuff the covers. You will know a cover has been overstuffed if you find that the back and/or front pages are coming out. Ensure all pages are flush and square with the front and back covers; this guarantees that each book looks perfect and every page is able to adhere properly into the glue.
- Don't Use the Front Slider as a Clamp - he front slider is there for vertical support only, and is not intended to be used as a clamp. Covers that are clamped too tightly will push pages upward and prevent them from reaching the glue. Only push the slider gently against your covers for support.
- Always Let Documents Cool - Cooling is an essential step in the binding process. Once the binding is complete, gently tap the covers on the sides and top and move the book to the cooling station in an upright position for about 2 minutes. The tapping helps ensure all pages are settled into the glue, while the cooling process allows the glue to finish curing.
- Wide-Spine Binding - Always jog your document carefully before heating. Place your cover into the heating unit like normal. After about 15-20 seconds, firmly press down on the cover toward the heating plate to ensure that the entire width and length of the spine is pressed firmly against the plate. When the heating cycle is complete, tap the sides and top of the cover so all pages are flush with the cover edges before removing from the unit. Place the cover on the cooling rack and allow it extra cooling time of between 5-10 minutes.
How to Edit a Book After Bound:
Coverbind covers can be edited up to a maximum of 3 times and still retain strong glue integrity. Follow these instructions for adding or removing pages in your Coverbind covers with your Accel Flex thermal binder.
- Adding a Page - Place the page you are adding into the already bound document. It will stick up about 1/4” from the top of the document. Place the document, spine side down, in the binding machine. Wait until your heating time comes down to 2 to 3 bars. This ensures the glue has been heated. Begin tapping gently on the top of your document and it will make the page drop down into the cover. Jog your pages to make them smooth and even. Then place in cooling rack for 2 minutes.
- Removing a Page - Mark the page you wish to remove in your document. Place your document in the binding machine. Wait until your binding time comes down to 2 to 3 bars. Move the clamp forward while holding your document up, hold the front of the document and the back of the document making sure the page to remove is the only thing in the middle. Slide the page to the side to completely remove it from the document. This ensures that none of the glue will come up and ruin the rest of your document. Jog your pages and then place in the cooling rack for 2 minutes.
Accel Flex Benefits & Features:
- The Accel Flex is incredibly simple to use, and doesn't need any special training. There are no complicated settings on the machine, so truly anyone in your office can operate it. This makes it easy to create on-demand, and as-needed, no matter how many staff members you have. Three easy steps will bind perfectly finished documents. Just place your document pages into a Coverbind thermal binding cover, place the entire document (or multiple documents at one time) into the machine, and walk away.
- The Accel Flex is a fast thermal binding machine and will bind up to 15 books at one time* and as fast as 900 documents per hour*. This is much faster than any traditional punch and bind binding method, which saves your users' valuable time so that you can meet on-demand requirements without high production costs.
- The Accel Flex is a compact tabletop machine that packs a powerful punch for its size. It measures just 10 ⅜” W x 17 ⁹/₁₆" D x 5 ¼” H and weighs just 12 lbs. It easily fits onto any desk or worktable.
- The Accel Flex is very versatile, able to not only bind books up to 2" thick, but also to bind all different assortment of spine sizes together, at the same time. This means there is no complicated change overs or setting adjustments needed. There is also a huge selection of Coverbind covers for you to choose from, including both soft/flexible covers and hard covers. We even have covers that you can customize in-house, and we can also produce custom covers for you.
- The glue used on our Coverbind covers is unique to Coverbind only
and provides the most superior thermal bind on the market. The glue is an EVA adhesive, which is incredibly strong, and that strength is only reinforced further with a cotton mesh that is built in within the glue strip where, as the glue heats up, it is exposed to grab a tight hold to each and every sheet in your document. With these features, Coverbind covers are compatible with virtually every paper stock you can imagine, including textured paper, coated and glossy stock, and even laminated pages. The glue is not "poured" into the spine, as with other brands of thermal covers, and so it will never seep out of the documents, and will also provide an even coating on every page.
• Perfected Design
- The Coverbind Accel Flex is a 3rd generation Bindomatic thermal binding machine that has been perfected over the years to provide the perfect desktop binding solution for offices.
- The Accel Flex is a great looking machine, featuring a sleek all-black design.
- Coverbind covers are 100% recyclable.
Popular Users & Applications:
|Businesses||Schools & Universities||Real Estate Agencies||Photo Studios|
|• Proposals||• Yearbooks & textbooks||• Proposals||• Photo books|
|• Presentations||• Student Publications||• Sales Tools||• Gallery Highlights|
|• Quarterly/Annual Reports||• Crafts/Gifts for Parents||• Home Buyer Gifts||• Sales Tools|
|• Board Meeting Reports||• Course Catalogs||• Board Meeting Reports||• Sponsorship/Donor Requests|
|• Sales Tools||• Orientation Documents||• Board Meeting Reports||• Art Collections|
*May vary depending on number of books, spine size, operator, and other factors.