James Burn WOB5000 Wire-O Bind 5000 Semi-Automatic Wire Binding & Finishing Machine
- Operator-friendly with simple touch screen controls
- Semi-automated wire binding and finishing
- Compatible with Wire-O spools and cut wire in 3:1 and 2:1 pitch
- Speed: Up to 950 documents per hour
- 90 Day Manufacturer Warranty
Powerful, fast, efficient Wire-O® is easily achieved with the James Burn WOB5000. This impressive wire finishing machine is the perfect pair for digital printers, print finishers, and any other printing operation that needs to finish various wire bound documents at high volumes. It works with both spooled and cut twin loop wire, including 3:1 pitch and 2:1 pitch sizes. You can even work with calendar hangers when you add the optional hanger feeder accessory.
Whatever your industrial wire finishing needs, the Wire-O Bind 5000 from James Burn may be the perfect fit. It processed documents at speeds up to 920 per hour and has simple setup from the touch screen digital control panel. Designed specifically for ease of use and operator safety, this is one of the best wire binding finishers on the market.
- User Friendly – Setup is instantly adjustable by the touch screen digital keypad. There are no mechanical adjustments necessary. Wire- O® size changeovers are completed in 2-5 minutes, whether with spools or cut wires.
- Versatile – Accepts all Wire-O® binding sizes/pitches for a wide variety of document compatibility.
- Efficient – Run speed up to 920 documents per hour with automatic set up that helps reduce waste. 2 types of plug & play reception available (standard or conveyor) to accommodate most workflow modes. Optional plug & play automatic hanger feeder with table extension for large wall calendars.
- Flush Cut – Offers flush-cut or overhanging covers with extended index tabs, and large wall calendars, using Wire-O® spools or cut wire spines.
- Safety – Built-in features for the finest in operator safety.
- Ergonomic – The large table-top workstation helps reduce operator fatigue. A small footprint and rolling caster wheels mean it fits even in the tightest spaces, with no air required.
|Manufacturer Item #||WOB5000US|
|Model||WOB 5000 (Wire-O Bind 5000)|
|Maximum Document Size||20" (500mm) Binding Edge up to 9/16" x 20"
14" (350mm) Binding Edge for all other wire sizes x 20"
|Minimum Document Size||2.5" (65mm) Binding Edge x 1.5" (38mm)
2" (54mm) Binding Edge x 1.5" (38mm) with Wire-O® cut length
|Document Thickness||Up to 1-1/8" (28mm)|
|Cycle Speed||Up to 920 books/hour|
|Wire-O® Sizes||3:1 Pitch from 1/4" - 9/16"
2:1 Pitch from 5/8" - 1-1/4"
|Compatible Bindings||Wire-O Binding Spools
3:1 Pitch Wire-O Binding Spines
2:1 Pitch Wire-O Binding Spines
|Oversize Covers||Yes, Possible|
|Skip Binding||Multiple (up to 4 jumps of 2 loops min each). Only in spool mode.|
|Optional Hanger Feeder||Using loose (up to 100pcs) or reeled pre-formed hangers n°3 and n°7 with length ranging from 76mm up to 250mm|
|Reception Capacity||Standard tray: 50mm, Optional conveyor reception: up to 100 books 1/4"|
|Spool Change Over||In less than 5 minutes; integral storage space for one spool|
|Control Panel||Touch screen|
|Format Set Up Time||Fully automatic in less than 2 minutes|
|Power||220/240 V (50Hz) 1ph - 110/120 V (60Hz) 1ph|
|Machine Dimensions||9.6" L x 3.5" W x 4.10" H (2900 x 1050 x 1460 mm) ( with standard reception)|
|Net Weight||704 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight||988 lbs.|