Coverbind standard hard covers offer the most elegant and simply clean DIY hard covers for businesses of all kinds and sizes. Whether you are a school that makes their own yearbooks to save money over outsourcing, or a real estate company that creates the more upscale presentations for those million dollar home clients, or a business simply wanting to streamline their presentations and produce a more impressive document, Coverbind thermal binding covers are a great solution. All you need is any of our Coverbind thermal binding machines. They are incredibly easy to use, and require just 1 operator to get the job done. Plus, some machines are automated with Drop&Go technology so your user can actually walk away while the machine binds.
Coverbind standard hardcover thermal binding covers are made of a 1/10" thick chipboard that is wrapped with a premium textured black or navy linen. On the inside they feature a matte smooth lining that compliments the textured outer covers. Inside the spines of these covers is a pre-applied EVA adhesive that, once heated, will expose a cotton mesh that works with the glue to grip every single one of your pages. No matter if you have 3 sheets or 240 sheets to bind, this unique thermal binding spine will hold every page with the same strength; a feature that is unique to only Coverbind and is not available anywhere else. The glue is also applied in strips, rather than "poured", which means that there is no possibility of the glue seeping out of your spines, as well as helps ensure that every page has a strong hold, not just the first and last pages. These Coverbind hardcovers are pre-scored on the front and back to make for easy opening, and to eliminate that final step with perfect binding, saving you even more time.
Binding with Coverbind thermal binding covers is incredibly fast and, depending on which machine you are using, can be completed in as little as 1 document per second*. This speed is unmatched by any other thermal binding machine on the market, and is more than 45 times faster than traditional punching and binding methods. This means that you can quickly meet the rush-order demands of clients, and make last-minute books, without any hassle or run-cost minimums to worry about.
So what are you waiting for? Eliminate the strenuous and tedious task of punch and bind books, and upgrade to a premium hardcover Coverbind thermal bound book instead. You can use the chart below to help select the best spine size for your document thickness. This works as an alternative when you don't have access to a document sample ahead of time to be able to utilize the spine size selector on your Coverbind machine. But note that the sheet capacity was determined using basic 20 lb. bond copy paper, and if you are binding cardstock, laminated sheets, photos, etc., this capacity will vary.
Coverbind Thermal Binding Cover Popular Uses
• School yearbooks
• Premium client presentations, quotes, & proposals
• Real estate proposals & featured home highlights
• Art collections
• Business goals, updates, and achievements
• Monthly, quarterly, & annual reports and summaries
• Thesis presentations
• Anything else you can imagine...the options are endless!
The Coverbind Advantage
• Huge variety of covers - Coverbind has the widest variety of kinds of covers that you can choose from, giving you the versatility you need to meet the demands of every customer. Covers can be customized in-house with your own equipment, or we can customize them for you.
• Automated machines - Coverbind is the only thermal binding manufacturer that has produced an automatic machine, and the only one that can achieve the amazing speeds that go along with it.
• Cotton mesh strip - The addition of a hidden cotton mesh strip within the glue adds even more strength-of-bind. As the glue liquefies in your machine, the strip is exposed and helps align your sheets by pulling them in tight, and grips them with a hold that can't be beat.
• Strongest thermal binding glue - Coverbind is the only brand that uses an EVA adhesive that is the strongest thermal binding glue on the market in their covers.
• Glue is not poured - Because the glue is not poured into the spine when Coverbind applies it, there is no possibility of seeping out when melted. This specially-placed glue strips ensure the glue stays where it is supposed to, and will coat every page evenly, so even those middle pages are held strong.
Coverbind Capacity Chart
|Spine Size||Sheet Capacity*||Quantity / Box||1/16"||Up to 15 Sheets||13 / Box|
|1/8"||15 - 30 Sheets||13 / Box|
|1/4"||30 - 60 Sheets||11 / Box|
|3/8"||60 - 90 Sheets||9 / Box|
|1/2"||90 - 120 Sheets||8 / Box|
|5/8"||120 - 150 Sheets||8 / Box|
|3/4"||150 - 180 Sheets||8 / Box|
|1"||180 - 240 Sheets||4 / Box|
|1 1/4"||240 - 300 Sheets||4 / Box|
|1 1/4"||240 - 300 Sheets||4 / Box|
|1 1/2"||200 - 360 Sheets||4 / Box|
|1 3/4"||360 - 430 Sheets||4 / Box|
|2"||430 - 500 Sheets||4 / Box|
*May vary depending on paper stock, machine being used, and other factors.