With the EX610 automatic large format binding punch from James Burn, your print shop or bindery can achieve extremely efficient punching at speeds up to 125,000 sheets per hour while still maintaining a perfect hole punch. This means is has an output of 8,400 cycles per hour, which can achieve over 1 million sheets in an 8-hour shift. Being a fully-automatic punch machine, all your operator has to do is set up the job on the control panel, run a test to confirm the finished product is to-specs, and then hit start to run the full job. They can they walk away and perform other tasks, such as binding books with the BB50H wire binder or CB30QS automatic coil inserter, both of which make a perfect pairing with this high speed punch. The control panel will walk your operator through the job setup, making it incredibly simple to follow, so machine setup can be completed in approximately 10-15 minutes. The average user can also change out the punching dies as quickly as 2 minutes, which makes for incredibly efficient job change-overs.
This premium industrial binding punch is one of the fastest and most flexible machines on the market. The variety of punching dies available mean that you can meet every demand of your customer, including the incredibly popular Wire-O punching patterns, spiral binding / plastic coil patterns, plastic comb, 3-hole for binders, and so much more. We can also manufacture custom dies to meet your exact specifications, so you can even gain the business of those specialty clients. It will work with mixed stock easily, as well as even index tabs with the optional tab pushing device. Collated stacks are kept in perfect order with the unique turnover device in the EX610. Plus it will work with documents as wide as 24", making it one of the widest format punching machines in it's class.
The picking beak on the EX610 will easily work with mixed paper stocks. There is an air-blowing feature that assists the beak when grabbing paper, which makes working with even statically charged documents hassle-free. The jogging mechanisms inside the machine will keep your pages perfectly aligned as they enter the punching mechanism. That paired with punch dies that are made of the highest quality tool steel guarantee perfectly punched holes with smooth edges; step one to creating a perfectly bound book. When your die eventually begins to dull, don't immediately invest in a replacement. Instead, consider utilizing our Express Die Sharpening Service, which is performed by official James Burn technicians and will often double the life of your dies.
The James Burn EX610 is available in two different configurations for the exit function. This gives you the choice to select the best option for your shop. You can choose from either a pile high reception bin which creates a stack of punched pages that are placed onto a mobile tray that can then be rolled to the binding station without hassle. This high pile stacker automatically recedes as it fills, and will automatically stop when full so your operator can change it out. Two of these reception stacker bins are included to help reduce down time and maintain production speeds, even with just one operator. The second exit option is a variable speed conveyor that offer continuous delivery of documents at the speed of your choice. The line of documents is neatly shingled so that your operator doesn't have to separate the books before binding. Alternative EX610 machine options include a double action punch that will punch and cut tabs at the same time called the EX610DA, or a duplex option with a board feeder for punching of cardboard called the EX610 Duplex.
EX610 Punching Dies Available: Click here to shop the variety of EX610 punching dies available.
• Spiral Binding / Plastic Coil
• Wire-O® Twin-Loop Wire Bindings
• Plastic Comb
• Velo Binding
• Three-Hole for Ring Binders
• Custom-made die to your exact specifications
EX610 Features and Benefits:
• Running speeds of up to 125,000 sheets per hour* with perfectly clean holes for finishing
• Adjustable cycle speeds with crank wheel, up to 8,400 cycles per hour*
• Picking thickness allows for sheets up to 2.5mm thick for various paper stocks
• Hands-free operation allows you to load the paper, setup the job, press start, and walk away
• There is minimal special training required for your operators
• Positive sheet pickup with beak and air-assist (air compressor not included) ensures perfect registration of your pages for perfectly finished punched pages, even paper stocks prone to static
• Turnover drum keeps stacks perfectly collated
• All operations and adjustments are simple and quick-to-perform, including die changes
• Punches a wide variety of paper stocks, covers, and tabbed sheets from 4 ¼" x 3 ⅞" up to 24" x 20 ¾"
EX610 Optional Accessories:
• Tab Pushing Device - To allow for punching tabbed sheets. Tabs shoulder minimum should be 1/4" (Item# 04JBEX610TABP)
• Nail Hole Punching Kit - Allows the machine to punch a nail hole for calendars (Item# 04JBEXNHPK)
• Bottom Feed Board Unit - Allows for punching of cardboard sheets up to 2.5mm thick (Item# 04JBEX610BF)
*May vary depending on sheet size, paper stock, operator, and other factors.