The DocuPunch PLUS is the latest generation automatic punch from world-renowned manufacturer, James Burn. It is no surprise how quickly this automated binding punch has become a worldwide favorite, as it offers production-level quality and output, but with the footprint and ease-of-use of a copier machine. This versatile, ergonomically designed time-saver offers hands-free punching of pre-collated books, presentations, reports and even tabbed sheets in a free-standing unit that makes quick, light work of your diverse punching needs.
The DocoPunch+ is packed with powerful features that make it a stand-out choice. It has a LCD touch screen control panel that walks you through all processes, allowing for job setup in just about two minutes. You can quickly calibrate the unit to your individual job requirements and get started punching right away, so there is very little down time. The die changeover is also incredibly fast, accomplished with a quick- change system in only a few seconds. This simple working process means that your operators don’t need any special training, so you can place the machine and begin working very quickly.
With the DocuPunch Plus binding punch, you can achieve accurate medium-level automatic punching of books of all kinds, on-demand, directly from your copier or printer. It can even handle mixed stock from 16 lb. bond to 110 lb. index. Positive sheet pickup pulls from the top of the pile and a three-sided jogger prepares the pages for perfect registration and perfectly placed holes, every time. As they exit, the stacks of punched pages are kept in perfect pre-collated order, making the finished pages on the exit tray easy to handle and move to the binding stage. It will also punch index tabs that have a 1/4-inch inset on the ends and are pre-collated into the finished sets.
The speed of this machine is another stand-out feature. It can achieve up to about 76,500 sheets per hour on the fastest setting, with three speed choices of 50, 60, or 75 cycles per minute. This makes it the fastest binding punch in its class of similar machines. The slower settings are usually used for mixed page punching, index tab punching, and other more unique sheets. The adjustments mean you can choose the setting that suits your job perfectly and provides you with the best results.
The pick thickness is adjustable from 0.4mm to 1mm, making for even more fine tuning, so you can produce maximum production output with trouble-free operation on various paper types. Even while the machine is in the middle of a job, you can make adjustments from the touch screen.
This freestanding document binding punch machine is attached to the base which has a storage compartment for various dies and supply items. The unit is on heavy-duty rolling castor wheels for easy mobility, with a locking feature to create a stable workstation. The footprint is incredibly small for the power that this industrial binding punch packs; it will fit well into even the tightest space restrictions.
Maintenance of the James Burn DocuPunch is also easy, as the machine will tell you, based on the volume run, when you should oil your die, sharpen the die pins, and when the bin is full. This removes the question of when and what preventative and general maintenance needs to be performed on the machine.
Click here to browse all DocuPunch dies. A large collection of punch patterns are available to choose from.
- Wire-O 3:1 Pitch with 4mm Round Holes
- Wire-O 3:1 Pitch with 4mm Square Holes
- Wire-O 2:1 Pitch with 6mm Round Holes
- Wire-O 2:1 Pitch with 6mm Square Holes
- Plastic Coil 4:1 Pitch (0.248) with 4.75 Round Holes
- Plastic Coil 4:1 Pitch (0.2475) with 4x5mm Oval Holes
- Plastic Coil 5:1 Pitch (0.200) with 64, 3.2mm Round Holes
- Plastic Comb with 8x3mm Rectangle Holes
- Velo Binding with 1/8” Round Holes
- 3-Hole, Letter 4.25” Pitch, with 8mm Round Holes
- Speeds of up to 76,500 sheets per hour with clean, perfect holes for finishing
- Digital LCD touch pad control that is icon based for simple operation.
- Adjustable pick thickness from 0.4 to 1.0 mm, to maximize production and offer trouble free operation on a wide range of paper stocks.
- Punches a wide variety of paper stocks, covers, and even tabbed sheets in sizes from 5.5" x 5.5" up to 13" x 12" kept in perfect pre-collated order.
- Easy-to-Use hands-free operation allows you to simply load the tray, push a button and walk away.
- No special training is required for use.
- Positive sheet pickup with beak and 3-sided jogger for perfect punching registration.
- Allows all operations, including punch die changes, to be performed quickly and easily from the front of the machine. Incorporates integral storage space for three tools.
- A wide choice of round and square-hole punching dies including: Wire-O® wire; Plastic Coil; Plastic Comb; VeloBind®; 2, 3 & 4-ring binder; etc.
- Safety & Auto-Stop - Built-in facilities to help avoid paper jams and increase safety.
- Its compact size benefits from a very small footprint without compromising on power and quality.
- Lockable caster wheels allow quick and easy machine placement
The James Burn DocuPunch PLUS is an extremely versatile and time-saving binding punch that makes quick and easy work of your diverse binding punch needs. It is one of the best automated binding punch options on the market, making it ideal for central reproduction departments and digital, on-demand printers. Ready to speak with a James Burn expert? Call us at 800-631-3572 today.