James Burn BB50H-M3 Wire-O Binding Machine and Accessories
- Wire-O Finishing up to 20" for calendars or other documents.
- Skip binding capable both with or without hangers.
- Compatible with Wire-O sizes from 1/4" to 1" diameters.
- Speed: Between 600 to 1,200 Books / Hour
- 90 Day Manufacturer Warranty
The BB50H-M3 high speed semi-automatic wire binding machine will help your print shop or bindery achieve output of up to 1,200 documents per hour* with minimal operator action needed. All your operator has to do is set up the machine for the wire size being used, install the wire spool (or SnakeSkin Wire with feeder), and then begin placing the pre-punched documents into the machine. One document at a time, it will automatically cut the wire, position it in the punched holes, and close the wire, finishing the bind. The BB50H-M3 will handle documents as long as 20", which allows for even large books. It will bind small 1/4" wires up to 1" wires in both 3:1 and 2:1 pitch ratios. This wire finishing machine will also work with skip binding and calendar hangers up to 16" long. It can even perform the skip binding function without calendars, for unique binding edges without that restriction.
On average, machine setup takes only about 15 minutes, which includes the size setup. All tool changes and settings are easily accomplished from the front of the machine, making them easily accessible without having to move the machine or leave it in a central location. The touch screen control panel guides the user through the process, and helps you achieve the large variety of adjustments for sizes, pitches, and formats. The BB50H-M3 is manufactured by James Burn, who is world-renowned for their high quality and innovative automatic binding equipment, and the BB50H-M3 fits in well with their product line.
Key Specifications & Features:
• Wire-O Finishing up to 20" for calendars or other documents.
• Skip binding capable both with or without hangers.
• Compatible with Wire-O sizes from 1/4" to 1" diameters.
• Works with standard Wire-O Spools, Jumbo Spools, or SnakeSkin Wire-O.
• Speeds up to 1,200 documents per hour, with realistic continuous output starting at 600*.
• Manually insert documents. The BB50H-M3 then automatically cuts wire to length, feeds and positions wire for inserting, and closes /finishes the wire.
• Touchpad controls for easy electronic changeovers for size, pitch, and format changes.
• Tool changes completed from front of machine for easy access.
• Large worktable
Wire Hanger Features:
• Central hanger feed system can be disengaged.
• "Missing Hanger" detectors.
• Uses #s 2, 3, & 4 Standard and Euro-slot style hangers from 4" to 16" long.
*May vary depending on sheet size, paper stock, finishing type, operator, and other factors.
**Note: Must be ordered with BB50H-M3 ; cannot be added on later.
|Manufacturer Part Number||BB500M3US, BB056X86-000, X27-50CTS16M3, X27-50CTS8M3, X27-50CTS4M3, X27-50CTS12M3, X27-50CTS6M3, X27-50CTS5M3, X27-50CTS10M3, X27-50CTS7M3, X27-50CTS14M3, X27-50CTS9M3, X30-50CTS4-3PM3, X30-50CTS6-3PM3, X30-50CTS5-3PM3|
|Binding Style||Wire-O Binding|
|Compatible Supplies & Accessories|| Hanger Feeder (Item# 04JBBB50HF)**
Standard Closing Tool Sets
|Power Voltage||115v Single Phase 60 Hz|
|Dimensions||58” W x 45” D x 52” H|
|Setup Time||5-15 Minutes, Depending on Operator|
|Die Change Time||5-10 Minutes|
|Paper Size||Up to 20" Wide|
|Accepted Paper Type||No Stock Limitations|
|Compatible Binding Supply Sizes||1/4" to 1" Wire-O Spools or SnakeSkin Wire-O|
|Maximum Book Thickness||Up to 7/8" Thick|
|Speed*||Between 600 to 1,200 Books / Hour|
|Skip Binding||Yes (With or Without Calendar Hangers)|
|Air Compressor Requirements||15 CFM Max at 80 PSI|
|Control Panel||Touch Screen|
|Control Panel Notifications||Wire Feed Jam, Cover Open, Emergency Stop|
|Special Training Required||Requires Installation & Training|
|Shipping Weight (lbs)||1437|
|Shipping Information||This item ships via Truck (Common Carrier). It is the responsibility of the Consignee (receiver) to remove the product from the truck. If you do not have a loading dock or any other means to lift the freight off the truck and/or you need assistance bringing the product inside of your location please call 800-631-3572. Click here for full details.|