Coverbind Accel Cube Thermal Binding System 1 /Each
- System Capacity (Between Dividers): Up to a 5/8" Thick Spine
- FastStart instant warm-up
- Speed: 1 Document per Second
- Approximate Annual Volume: Between 2,000 to 5,000 Documents per Year
- 90 Day Manufacturer Warranty
- In Stock
If you are tired of spending hours a day with punch and bind systems, or even the "faster" tape binding machines, and you have daily volume document binding needs with up to about 3,000 documents per year, then consider the Coverbind Accel Cube thermal binding machine. This attractive and durable tabletop unit can produce thermal bound documents, including both soft and hard thermal binding covers, at speeds up to 1 per second*... yes, 1 document per second! That converts to 60 documents per minute, and 3,600 per hour for the experienced user*. These speeds are unheard of in the book binding industry, which is just one of the several reasons why the Accel Cube by Coverbind is taking the document binding industry by storm. It was manufactured to look sleek, fitting in well with any office environment, as well as to withstand high volume binding requirements, and to have a small footprint to take up very little space. There is no other thermal binding machine on the market that can compete.
In addition to the premium build, the Accel Cube (sometimes called the Bindomatic Accel Cube) is incredibly simple to use, and features Drop&Go technology, so your operator doesn't have to continuously stand by the machine while it runs. Instead, all they have to do is place their documents into a Coverbind cover, and place the cover spine-down into the machine. The Coverbind Cube thermal binder will automatically move the books through the binding process and notify the operator when the bind is complete. The single-section binder will hold up to a 5/8" thick spine, so you can insert one 5/8" book, or multiple smaller books that equal 5/8", at one time. Once the machine pulls the documents in, you can drop more into the slot to continue the process. Once all your documents are loaded, you can walk away from the machine until it has completed binding. It will chirp and the light on top of the machine will turn red when the exit tray is full and needs to be emptied. If there are still books in the machine when it fills up, it will simply pause the binding process until it is emptied; it will never burn your books.
Accel Cube Instructions:① Turn on the thermal binding machine from the LCD screen. Gather your pages together into a stack and place the stack into the spine size selector on the top of the Accel Cube. The screen will display which size of Coverbind cover you should be using based on the document thickness, eliminating any guesswork. It will bind documents using spine sizes from 1/16" up to 5/8".
② Insert your page stack into the cover size recommended, and place the cover into the machine. You can place them one at a time, or in batches with several books. The slot will hold up to a 5/8" thick spine, so you can place as many documents into it at once as will fit into that capacity.
③ Drop&Go technology will move the documents through the machine, completing the binding process automatically. This means you don't have to stand around and wait once all documents are loaded into the machine; you can walk away and perform other tasks while it runs. When the process is complete, a light on the screen will turn red, letting your operator know they can remove the books from the exit tray. This light will also turn red when the exit tray is full, and needs to be emptied before the bind can be completed. The entire binding process takes only about 1 minute* per cycle.
Accel Cube Benefits & Features:• Fast - The Accel Cube is one of the fastest machines on the market, binding books as fast as 1 per second* for an average output of up to 60 documents per minute. This is about 45 times faster than any other traditional punch and bind binding methods, and 30 times faster than tape binding machines. This incredible speed saves your operators valuable time so that you can meet rush-order requirements without any high production costs. It also allows for the same performance output, even when you are short-staffed.
• Simple - The Accel Cube is very easy to use -- anyone in your office can operate it, making soft or hard cover books on-demand, and as-needed. Three easy steps will bind perfectly finished documents. There is no complicated or time-consuming punching, paper waste handling or mess, hole alignment, inserting, or closing required. Just place your document pages into a Coverbind cover, place the entire document into the machine, and walk away.
• Versatile - The Accel Cube is versatile, able to bind covers of many sizes all-together, at once, without any complicated change overs or adjustments. There is a huge selection of Coverbind covers available, that let you choose from our most popular attached covers (linen and clear) or use your own covers. You can even make custom covers for both soft and hard covers books.
• FastStart Technology - FastStart is Coverbind’s latest innovation helping increase your binding efficiency by drastically decreasing warm-up time. The machine is ready to bind almost instantly so there is no wait.
• Strong - The glue used on our Coverbind covers is unique to only Coverbind, and features a cotton mesh within the glue strip that is exposed as the glue liquefies, and grabs your pages, pulling them in for a perfectly straight and can't-be-beat strength-of-bind. The glue is also "EVA adhesive", which is the strongest glue on the market for thermal book binding. This means there are virtually no paper stock limitations, so you can bind with coated stocks, textured paper, and even laminated sheets. The glue is also not "poured" and so will never seep out of your documents, providing an even coating on every page, from your first to your last. This creates the most immaculate bind possible.
• Eco-Friendly - The mesh support mentioned above also means that these covers are 100% recyclable.
• Small Footprint - The Accel Cube is a compact machine that packs a powerful punch. It measures just 20” W x 19" D x 15” H and weighs about 60 lbs., easily fitting onto most workstations and desks.
• One of a Kind - Coverbind is the only brand that offers automated thermal binding equipment like the Accel Cube and the Accel Ultra.
• Perfected Design - The Accel Cube is a 3rd generation Coverbind Bindomatic machine that has been perfected over the years to provide the ultimate binding solution.
• Attractive - The Accel Cube features an all-black, sleek design that looks expensive, and fits in well with any office or workroom decor. It will impress visitors, and matches the premium product output in design.
Popular Users & Applications:
|Businesses||Schools & Universities||Real Estate Agencies||Photo Studios|
|• Proposals||• Yearbooks & textbooks||• Proposals||• Photo books|
|• Presentations||• Student Publications||• Sales Tools||• Gallery Highlights|
|• Quarterly/Annual Reports||• Crafts/Gifts for Parents||• Home Buyer Gifts||• Sales Tools|
|• Board Meeting Reports||• Course Catalogs||• Board Meeting Reports||• Sponsorship/Donor Requests|
|• Sales Tools||• Orientation Documents||• Board Meeting Reports||• Art Collections|
*May vary depending on number of books, spine size, operator, and other factors.
|Suggested User||Medium Office, Large Office|
|Binding Style||Thermal Binding|
|Included Supplies & Accessories||Power Supply Protect|
|Compatible Supplies & Accessories||Coverbind Thermal Binding Supplies [Sizes 1/16", 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", & 5/8"]|
|Power Voltage||115v Single Phase 50/60Hz|
|Dimensions||20” W x 19" D x 15” H|
|Document Size||8 ½" W x 11" H [Letter Size, Portrait]|
|System Capacity (Between Dividers)*||Up to a 5/8" Thick Spine|
|Cycle Speed||1 Minute / Binding Cycle*|
|Speed||60 Documents / Minute*|
|Warm-Up Time||Almost instant with FastStart Technology|
|Approximate Annual Volume||Between 2,000 to 5,000 Documents per Year|
|Product Weight (lbs)||60|
|Shipping Weight (lbs)||97|
|Shipping Information||Ships via UPS|
Coverbind Cube Staff Review
For producing high-quality, adhesive-bound books, thermal binding machines are ideal for small and medium-sized businesses and print shops. Over 30 years in business, Coverbind is a reputable maker of finishing equipment. They've introduced a strong line of thermal binding machines suitable for any business, college, or print shop, from low to high volume consumers.
The Best Things About the Coverbind Cube
A compact but efficient, the Coverbind Cube thermal binder that will increase your book production output. It's the perfect mid-level thermal binding machine for those who bind up to 5,000 books yearly (500 books a month, or around 125 a week). It’s great for mid-sized businesses, schools, or print shops that need to bind yearbooks, catalogs, proposals, photo albums, and more. The Coverbind Cube is so easy to use that anyone can operate it without special training or experience. Small or big bookbinding jobs are equally economical due to the low operating costs.
Thermal binding is accelerated by the Coverbind Cube's automated features, which allow you to leave the room while it operates. In the time it takes to make only one wire-bound book, the Cube can produce up to 45 books. This drastic increase in production speed means the machine will pay for itself quickly. Simply place your pages into a cover, slide the cover into the cube, and walk away using the Drop & Go technology. It will carry your documents through the binding process and allow continuous loading for larger workloads.
The Coverbind Cube can make simple hardcovers with windows, soft covers with transparent fronts, and soft covers without windows. This adaptability is a huge advantage with other machines only allowing you to make one style. While maintaining a more straightforward soft cover appearance for internal documents, you can produce high-end hardcovers for your VIP customers. You can even print customized covers in your workplace.
Things You Should Consider Before Buying the Coverbind Cube
The Coverbind Cube's only disadvantage is that it cannot handle projects larger than 150 sheets or thicker than 5/8". If you need to bind larger books, consider the Coverbind Ultra Plus as an alternative, offering the same innovative technology in a larger thermal binding machine.In addition to the speed, the machine's ability to bind on its own will allow you to boost productivity and, thus, decrease the cost of manpower.
The Bottom Line — Is the Coverbind Cube a Good Buy?
For mid-sized businesses, print shops, or educational facilities that need to bind their soft and hard cover documents thermally, the Coverbind Cube Thermal Binding Machine is a fantastic option. Because of its adaptability, you can switch between high-end hardcovers and softcovers, depending on the job. Anyone can use it without worrying about laborious and continuous punching, inserting, or binding. You just need to drop and go!
If you have any questions or need help choosing the best product for your specific needs, please don't hesitate to contact us at 800-631-3572. We would love the opportunity to discuss your unique situation and help you find the ideal solution.
— — —
Our staff reviews are written by various experts across the company, with decades of experience not only in the industry itself, but at Spiral. Our goal in these reviews is to give you an honest, hands-on look at our products, giving you unique insight and helping you make the best buying decision for you and your business.