16" x 16" GOframe 1500 PRO Stretcher Frames
- 16x16 Inch GOframe 1500 PRO stretchers
- Includes enough bars to make 2 finished frames (8 bars). Corner tensioners & fasteners are
- Made of the best grades of sustainably sourced North American basswood
- Easy to make professional finish wrapped canvases
Make premium, professional-quality wrapped canvases without specialty equipment using GOframe 1500 Pro gallery wraps. Use them to create beautiful family photos, display paintings at your gallery, or to sell your beautiful photography at events. Whatever the print type and look, these canvas kits can help you create a beautiful display. Buy a single size to create a square print, or pair multiple sizes together to make different dimensions. They are available in sizes from 8 inches to 60 inches long. These canvas wraps are packaged with 8 bars per box, which means you can make a total of 2 frames with one box. Included with the bars themselves are the tension tabs for the corners, which help create the drum-like feel of the canvas, as well as the fasteners to help keep the canvas in-place.
GOframe 1500 PRO canvas stretcher gallery wraps are the perfect professional solution for quick, beautiful, canvas prints with no specialty equipment. They are ideal for photographic and fine art displays of all kinds. In fact, the canvas bars are made of the best grades of sustainably-sourced North American basswood, which is the ideal choice for museum0quality prints. The wood has low lignin and resin content, is stable, and has a moisture level of less than 8% after kiln-drying. These features ensure there will be no warp or shrinkage after the canvas is applied. They are ideal for preserving the archival qualities required for selling fine art print editions.
These unique GOframe professional canvas wrappers are 20mm thick, which is similar to most pro stretcher bars on the market. They stick out 1-1/2 inches from the wall for beautiful dimensional finishing. This thickness allows smaller frames to stand on their own and remain fairly stable.
Larger frame sizes will benefit with additional stability and taught-stretching from edge-to-edge by adding optional center brace bars. We have tested GOframe 1500 Pro Stretcher Bars with a range of canvas weights from 240gsm up to 380gsm and have had great results every time.
GOframe 1500 Pro Key Features
Makes 2 Frames
Packaged with 8 bars per box, enough to make 2 finished frames. Includes fasteners and tensioner corner tabs.
GOframe 1500 Pro stretcher bars are made from the best grades of sustainably sourced North American basswood. Museum-quality wood features low resin and lignin, is stable, and has a moisture level of less than 8% after kiln-drying.
Tensioner corner tabs easily snap into place to provide constant tension that creates a premium, drumlike feel to the canvas.
U-shaped fasteners allow the canvas to fold into the miter creating neat and perfectly folded corners. They are easy to apply by just pressing them into the pre-drilled slots in the wood with your hands; no machine is needed. A hammer may be gently used if you prefer.
High-quality adhesive tape on the bars eliminates the need for stretching pliers making stretching a gallery-wrapped canvas a snap. They hold your frame bars in-place while you assemble your print.
GOframe 1500 Pro Acessories & Supplies
Get all of the necessary and helpful supplies and accessories for your GOframe 1500 pro. We offer the full variety of required and optional accessories so you can create a perfect, professional-quality finish on your stretched canvas frame.
Supply Starter Kit
The supply starter kit has most of the essential tools you need to make your GOframe 1500 pro stretcher canvas frames.
- 4 Positioning corners
- Corner trimmer with blades
Note: Corner color may vary.
Reusable Positioning Corners
Reusable patented corner clamps ensure perfectly square frames while keeping the adhesive tape from touching the canvas. Just snap the GOframe 1500 bars into the corner clamps as you assembly your frame, and then snap-off and use them again for the next frame. Sold in a pack with 4 (one for each corner).
Note: Color may vary.
Optional Center Braces
Center braces are available in lengths from 16" to 40". They are an optional accessory that can be used when creating panoramic sized prints that may be exceptionally long on one dimension. They provide added support for the corner tensioners by ensuring tension is tight in the center (or throughout) of your frame.
Optional Pro Joiner Bars (8 Pack)
Use the pro joiner to create custom sizes. Match the stretcher frame to the image and not the other way around. Create wraps larger than 60".
Corner Trimmer with Blades
This corner trimmer was specifically designed for GOframe 1500 Pro gallery wraps. It is small and compact, while comfortable to hold, and allows for precision trimming of the corner edges of your canvases to allow for a clean folded corner. Too much material on the corner makes them bulky and messy, so this corner trimmer is an essential tool for that professional finish. It includes the cutter itself as well as a pack of replacement blades.
Canvas Glue (4 Pack)
This specialty glue was manufactured specifically for GOframe canvas wraps. It is an archival-safe and pH neutral adhesive that won't degrade your canvas, even over time. The strong, permanent bind holds traditional canvas materials to the wooden frame with premier integrity.
4 oz. bottles. Sold in a 4-pack.
Cotton Gloves (2 Pairs)
Cotton gloves eliminate fingerprints without leaving lint. White cotton inspector’s gloves are made from smooth, lightweight, durable, and washable 100% cotton. Protect sensitive materials including film, photos, canvas, and more.
One size fits most.
Nylon Lab Gloves (5 Pairs)
Polygenex™ nylon gloves are thinner than most cotton gloves so you have more dexterity. Some users prefer nylon over cotton when making and handling photo products.
One size fits most.
Self-Healing Cutting Mats
Print shops, design studios, and other professional organizations know that to achieve a clean and precise cut for paper or other materials, you need a quality cutting mat base. Spiral offers a wide selection of self-healing cutting mats that will save you time and money in the long run.
Available in many sizes and colors
We offer a variety of dust control products that are perfect for keeping your work area and canvas print clean of dirt and grime that can affect the integrity of your finish.
Available in many sizes.
How to Make GOframe 1500 PRO Gallery Wraps:
We recommend watching the GOframe 1500 PRO how-to videos for the visual experience before beginning your frame.
- Prepare your workspace. Make sure your table is clean and free of dust and wear photo gloves. Make sure you have everything you need, including 4 bars, 4 corner clamps, glue, staples/fasteners, a handheld trimmer, and your print. Your print should be at least 2" larger than your frame on each side (left, right, top, and bottom). For example, if you're making an 8" x 8" frame, your print should be at least 12" x 12" to allow for proper wrapping.
- Peel off the liners from the bars.
- With the adhesive facing up, attach the bars to the corners, creating your frame.
- Place your print face down on your work surface, and center your frame over the print with the adhesive facing down. Once centered to your liking, press the frame down so the adhesive sticks to your print.
- While holding the bars down, remove the corner holders.
- Using your trimmer, create a 45° angle cut on all 4 corners (not flush to the bars), and then trim your print edges flush to the bars.
- Create a perpendicular cut to each of the corners (from the center, out), and fold the cut pieces over the bar.
- Beginning about 1" in from the corners, apply a line of glue along each edge of your print beside the bars.
- Two sides at a time, fold the bars up so the corners touch and secure them in place with fasteners.
- Snap-in the supports to each corner.
Tips for making a perfect Wrapped Canvas using Stretcher Bars:
Making a specialty GOframe 1500 Pro stretched canvas can be a bit intimidating when you have your first go at it. So we've put together some tips from the professionals that can help you get the hang of it quickly, creating perfectly clean corners with a drum-like tension.
- Start with a clean working surface to protect your canvas from scratches caused by grit and dirt.
- If you are mounting on canvas, make sure to press the bars firmly down and apply a thin bead of glue before folding up the edges. The glue works in conjunction with the adhesive tape to make a permanent stretching.
- To ensure proper adhesion across the entire bar, we recommend that after you have closed the frame you apply pressure along the outside edge by pressing firmly with your hand where the tape makes contact with the material. Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for the tape to achieve maximum adhesion.
- We recommend that liquid laminate be applied prior to mounting. If you wish to apply liquid laminate after mounting you must wait for 2 to 3 hours for the glue to set. We recommend ClearShield Type C Liquid Laminate.
- If you forget to glue you can remove the closing pins, open the frame, and apply the glue.
What's the difference between the GOframe 1500 PRO and the GOframe 1500 Standard?
GOframe 1500 Pro
- Sizes from 8” to 60”
- 7/8” Thick
- 1-1/2” Deep
- 8 bars / box (makes 2 frames)
- Tensioners & fasteners included
GOframe 1500 Standard
- Sizes from 4” to 36”
- 3/8” Thick
- 1-1/2” Deep
- 16 bars / box (makes 4 frames)
- Tensioners & fasteners included
- Can be used with optional collage clips to create perfectly spaces collages with various canvas wraps
Please note: Canvas material/print is not included. These canvas wrap sets will work with most canvas materials, include even paper prints. We always recommend testing new materials before creating your print to be displayed. Most customers use a 300 to 450 gsm canvas material and see beautiful results. Corner clamps may vary in color.
|Manufacturer Part Number||88GFP15SF16-GRP|
|Finished Size||16" x 16"|
|Recommended Print Size||20" x 20" (2" Larger on Each Side)|
|Frame Bars||16" L x 1.5" D x 7/8" W|
|Material||North American Basswood (Museum-Quality Low Resin/Lignin)|
|Required Accessories (Sold Separately)||GOframe 1500 Pro Starter Kit (Includes 4 Positioning Corners, Trimmer with Blades, and Fasteners)
Reusable Positioning Corners (4 Pack)
GOframe Glue (4oz Bottles, 4 Pack)
Corner Trimmer (with Replacement Blades)
|Optional Accessories (Sold Separately)||Pro Joiner Bars (8 Pack)
Center Brace Bars (Sizes from 16” to 40”, 12 Pack)
Nylon Gloves (5 Pack)
Cotton Gloves (2 Pairs)
|Quantity||8 Bars / Box (Makes 2 Frames)|